Sunday, April 11, 2010

New York, I love you

But sometimes you do bring down. Especially when I'm trying to get home and my L train is running screwy. I just finished up with karaoke practice for my league (yes, we did dominate) and wanted to get home. I know, shocking. I didn't want to spend a hour hanging out at various subway stops. I waited at one stop for 30 minutes and some train personnel told us to get in the Manhattan-bound train to get to Brooklyn. A little odd, but I trust them and hop on. Train does travel in correct direction, but goes very slow. We get to the first stop in Brooklyn and they tell us to get off and we wait another 30 minutes for a train to show up on the correct track. I had thought about getting a cab or calling my roommate to get me, but the train did show up.

And that's not that unusual an occurrence. The trains are only strange at night and on weekends, so the regular working folk aren't inconvenienced. Just us party-people.

On a more pleasant note, I got to met a blogger I've been following since I was 18 or so. She's a doll-baby from Russia who created her own makeup line. It's fun stuff, though I will say the lipstick is not very moisturizing. Her makeup line is called LimeCrime, and her blog is Doe Deere Blogazine. She was very sweet and didn't make me feel creepy for knowing a lot about her. I guess she's used to it because she has a lot of fans.

I was talking about internet celebrity with a friend. (Actually a new friend, one of my competitors in the karaoke league). It's an interesting idea that among a small group of people someone can be really famous, well-known and respected and the rest of the world has no idea that person exists. I, myself, am merely a legend in my own mind, but that could change.

There's a million things that have happened between now and February, but it's so hard to live your life and document. Please forgive me, my gentle readers. You are beautiful and I love you.

No comments: