Thursday, February 18, 2010

Peking Duck and the Brooklyn Bridge

I had a wonderful date in a lovely city. Too bad the man was not to my taste. We've been on five dates, I believe, and he treats me like a princess. Which I am, so I guess it's just my due.

We met in Brooklyn and walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, which gives you a beautiful view of the city. Have I mentioned that I love this city?

Then he suggested a restaurant in Chinatown that he believed was a must-see of NYC. It was called Peking Duck, so you can guess what we ate. The dinner special was soup, and appetizer, duck, entree and fruit. Quite a lovely meal in theory. But I don't care for duck or sea bass, which is what F wanted to have for the entree. I made a half-hearted offer to pay, but he said not worry about it. The meal was $80, plus tip. I spend less than that for two weeks of food.

We kissed goodbye on the train, as I was switching to the L train and he lives in midtown Manhattan.

It never seems like it's that hard for me to meet a man that will treat me like something precious. The problem is I've always been more interested in the ones that play games with me and break my heart. I'm trying to change, to date the right type of man, but I find it so boring after the drama of the heartache. No one who knows me wonders why I'm single.

Man, when will my feet stop hurting? I think a little bone that I broke in my foot years ago never healed properly.

No comments: